Thursday, September 18, 2008

New Year’s Resolutions Revisited

Yes, I know it’s September. Yes, I know it’s too early to start creating New Year’s resolutions for 2009. But, if you’re like me and a gazillion other people, you haven’t gotten around to your 2008 resolutions. Why, just the other day, as I was devouring a batch of delicious, freshly baked chocolate chip cookies with walnuts, I thought (between bites), “Didn’t I say I was going to eat healthy this year?” Somehow I doubt drinking chocolate soy milk with the cookies counts as healthy. Guilt ridden, I ate a whole head of lettuce---you know, to cancel out the cookies. Just like my friend canceled out a salami sandwich by adding a plain rice cake between the layers. (“It adds a crunchy texture!”) However, I’m fairly certain such tactics do not work in the long run. This means I have two choices: I can either go on the Stephen King terror diet, or I can check out our health books section.

Is your home so cluttered you can't use your web cam because your family makes fun of you?

Are you still smoking despite the fact that our laws barely let you smoke in your own house?

Is exercise something you get only when you’re late for work?

Then maybe it’s time for you to grab a few books, too. With 104 days left to this year, there’s still plenty of time to follow through with your 2008 resolutions.

So what are you waiting for?

No comments: