Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Knitting for those in need

Just in time for winter, SPL’s teens are teaming up with the Warm Up America! Foundation to craft blankets for those in need. We will collect 7” x 9”worsted-weight acrylic squares from the Sacramento community and then join them to create afghan blankets. Click here to view crochet and knit patterns. Warm Up America! consists of volunteers from all over the country who have distributed thousands and thousands of handmade afghan blankets, clothing and accessories to individuals and families in need. Drop completed squares off at any Sacramento Public library (you don’t have to be a teenager), and help make the coming cold a little more tolerable for those less fortunate.

Have a happy, safe and delicious Thanksgiving—from the staff at Central Library!

4 comments:

annot8 said...

I LOVE the idea! Will Central be offering "how-to" classes for teens who want to participate? I'd be willing to teach the crochet part.

Anonymous said...

I really hope central included "how-to" classes for knitting too (all ages)

Anonymous said...

It's great to see community interest in this program! I'll make sure that our teen librarian is aware of an interest in knitting classes.

Anonymous said...

I am glad there is interest in knitting classes at the Central Library. I'll see what I can do.