Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Second Saturday is upon us!!!

When I was a child the only year I had a “real” art class was in preschool. It involved a lot of finger painting, and, my favorite, chocolate pudding art. While the finger paintings had a place of honor on the refrigerator (at least for a few days), most of the pudding ended up in my belly instead of on the paper. However, Kids' Place has a librarian (not me---I'm car-less!) willing to search high and low for art, the students at Washington Elementary School are lucky enough not only to have a wonderful art teacher who helps them create gorgeous works, and, thankfully, they also don’t eat their projects before they can be displayed. (Yes, while many of us can barely draw stick figures, an actually elementary school student created the art work displayed on the left.)

On Saturday, March 14th you can view art created by 3rd-6th grade Washington students at 2:00 in Kids’ Place. Art Works will be there helping children create wonderful art of their own, and, of course, there will be refreshments. Free Saturday parking is available at the City of Sacramento public parking garages at 10th and I Streets or 10th and L Streets. Bring your parking garage ticket into the first floor service desk and receive your free Saturday parking coupon.

No comments: