Sunday, July 13, 2008

A Day in the Life of a Librarian

"You're so lucky to work in a library. You must get to read a lot of books all day!" Yeah, and the view from the vantage point of a library school student (me, [mumble] years ago) was equally disconnected from the reality of what it takes to deliver library service to the public.

So what does this librarian do all day? I'm glad you asked! This week, in response to the Librarian by Day's, challenge, over a dozen library staff from across the country will be detailing their workdays on their blogs. I could never pass up a challenge, so tomorrow through next Sunday, I'll be taking my show on the road, virtually speaking. You can get a peek into my work day at Annot8ions, and compare it with the workdays of the other participants at Library Day In the Life. (Thank you, Civil Librarian, for the invitation!)

No comments: