Thursday, April 16, 2009

Politically Incorrect Movies: Blazing Saddles

I have a confession to make.

Every time I’m having a really bad day, I typically do one of two things: I go to YouTube and type in puppies or kittens (sometimes I type in puppies and kittens), or I watch my favorite scene from Blazing Saddles. If you haven’t seen Mel Brooks and Cleavon Little in Blazing Saddles, you’re really missing something. They could never, ever, ever (ever!) make this movie again---at least not on this planet. The reasons why they could never make it again are obvious five minutes into the film, but it doesn’t stop me from watching Madeline Kahn perform “I’m Tired.” The first time I saw this scene I about fell out of my chair. The voice, the outfit, those unbelievable lyrics! (“I’m not a wabbit! I need some weeeeesssst.”) They just lift my spirits. Because no matter how tired I am, I will never be that tired!

No comments: